13.7.12

Picnic at Hanging Rock


 Photos by Ben
(Búl Silk Camisole, Sass and Bide 'skinny boy' jeans, vintage belt, Hunter regent wellingtons, Quick Brown Fox necklace.)


Today Ben and I visited the Macendon Ranges of country Victoria where my mother grew up. After a few days of being cooped up indoors, feeling under the weather (and hiding from the bad weather) I was more than ready to get out into nature.
We ended up picnicking at the famous - or should I say infamous - Hanging Rock -the site where  the novel (and later feature film) 'Picnic at Hanging Rock' was set.

The mysteriously foggy and somewhat eerie atmosphere up the mountain today breathed new life into the haunting novel I read years ago. That being said, Hanging Rock (although slightly eerie), is a terrifyingly beautiful and enchanting place. The walls of the rock are moss covered and constantly moist so much so that you can smell and taste the damp earth.

This 100% silk camisole from  the Melbourne brand Búl seemed like the perfect choice for a frolic in the mossy, foggy green. Sorry about my use and abuse of these jeans ( I promise I am searching for another pair so I can change it up a bit) but they are just so damn comfortable and practical. 

12 comments:

  1. Love the pants. I need to find myself a nice pair of black ones. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely stunning. so glad i found your blog! wanna follow each other? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your outfit!
    Never been to Hanging Rock before, but these photos look pretty awesome
    Haha I love those jeans - nothing better than wearing a pair of comfy jeans
    Although I would suggest for you to check out the sale over at Acne online - they're having an additional 20% off sale items if you're interested :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, such haunting photos, your outfit totally suits the setting.
    oh boy, now im gonna be googling hanging rock for half the afternoon, i love stories like that! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your look, the shirt looks really great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO GORGEOUS PICTURES !!!!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mahaan these are some gorgeous outfit pictures. I love the necklace.

    Puck | ONEOFPOINTS.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember studying that movie at school. It looks like a beautiful and eerie place to take pictures!

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. your outfit looks amazing! i love your hair and omg!! your legs are so beautiful T.T

    love
    beauthi.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful outfit! You look great and the photography is very nice :)

    I'm your new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the photo's look aamazing :) how comfy are those hunters?! COMFY right.



    L O M A N I

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... .widget { text-align: center; }